Exploration of  Twitter

Twitter is a social networking platform that allows people to interact with one another. I’ve participated in a twitter chat last semester, although I was unable to join in this time, I know how it works. Twitter is a time-consuming platform, and it was so fast-paced, I remembered when I haven’t finished reading the first post, the next post came. When answering questions that instructors posted, I even forgot to use the hashtag when I posted it for the first time. I always feel grateful when I receive likes or comments from other students, and I reckon giving students some feedback will make them feel good and encouraged to posting more posts. And for me, it was an incredible experience.

When I looked over Twitter chats the other day, I found that Twitter provides an online learning environment where people can using the hashtag to find the relevant content and interesting topic easily and the learners can interact and discuss effectively with one another. And Twitter is a great tool for reading the news, stocks, receive the immediate message from the world. But, there are some side effects that Twitter might hurtful to learners and educators, due to some privacy issues. And users need to be aware of their personal information to be stored and reused by someone else for other purposes, and understand that once the post is online, it’s gonna be there forever.

Twitter is a useful open learning tool that connects learners together to one conversation on the same topic of interest but always think twice before posting it.