After one month of study, I’ve really enjoyed reading every week’s articles and writing about my perspectives. Now I have a better understanding of open learning and distributed learning, privacy in online spaces, openness education and teaching online etc.

At the beginning of the class, I took a FIPPA quiz, started reading some articles, posted a blog post, and used the WordPress platform to engage instead of CourseSpaces. All of the theses seems new to me at first, but later on, I started to get used to it. The concepts like open and distributed learning are an essential element, through working with my pod members I found that the two terms are quite similar and can be used interchangeably. Open learning is concerned with age, time, place or space, whereas distributed learning is like online learning and doesn’t have to be present in a particular location, just like EDCI339. And the concepts of open pedagogy is also an important part of this course, open pedagogy or OEP is the use of OER to support learning, an instructor can engage with students by using open pedagogy in the classroom, and invite students to participate instead of using disposable assignments that provide no value to both the instructors or the students.

Even though this course is highly condensed, I’ve enjoyed it very much and I believe some concepts that I learned in this course could apply to my Bloomberg market e-learning course that provides an interactive introduction to the financial markets. 

Overall a highly recommended course!